What is Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis
Hypnosis lies somewhere between being awake and being asleep. We all go through this daydream state, sometimes several times a day, for example when we fall asleep and when we awaken. Have you ever driven to work and then thought, I don’t remember that journey? This is a hypnotic state, so as you can see hypnosis is a very natural state.
- When you are hypnotised you will not lose control, you will have full control of your faculties and will be totally aware of yourself whilst hypnotised
- Under hypnosis you will not be made to do anything that you would not want to do – it is up to you whether you co-operate with the suggestions
- Most people can be hypnotised, but only if they want to co-operate, without that co-operation, hypnosis will fail
- It is unlikely that you will fall asleep during hypnosis on your first session
- Hypnotherapy is definitely not like stage hypnosis, although both use a similar state of relaxation. Stage hypnotism is purely for entertainment; whilst hypnotherapy is solely for therapeutic purposes
Hypnosis – What Can I Expect?
Hypnosis is not a state of deep sleep, but an induction into a trance like state, where you will be completely aware of your surroundings. You will not be vulnerable and be made to do anything that you would not wish to do. You will be totally in control and will only co-operate with those suggestions that you wish to co-operate with – no one can make you do otherwise.
Whilst under hypnosis the conscious mind is suppressed which leave the sub-conscious mind in charge. During hypnosis your imagination becomes heightened and you will become more susceptible to positive suggestions. It is then up to you to co-operate with those suggestions, if you do, then the therapy will succeed, but if you do not co-operate then the therapy will fail. Therefore, hypnotherapy works best if you want to succeed. The co-operative hypnotherapy used will make it easier for you to make changes within yourself. What we do is team work – we work together to achieve the result that you desire.
“You can’t solve a problem with the same thinking that created it.” Albert Einstein
When someone or something has made your feel angry, upset, tense, frustrated or panic-stricken, […]
As I am a keen horse rider and riding instructor and I have a […]
Well as you may know if you have seen me work at Wessex Health […]
Have you ever wondered what a Nutritional Therapist packs in her suitcase when she’s […]